Software Project Manager
GCR Inc. is a software company working primarily with government agencies to deliver applications and services to improve the way our clients do business.
- Ensure projects are delivered within the approved budget, schedule, and scope
- Manage the company’s relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Secure acceptance and approval of deliverables from project sponsors and applicable stakeholders
- Ensure that the required project documentation is complete and archived
- Effectively manage resources to maximize efficiency and meet targets
- Manage and measure the team's performance of project tasks
- Produce project-related communication such as status reports, change logs, meeting note, etc.
- Act as primary contract manager ensuring contract compliance for all deliverables and adherence to all contracted provisions
- Manage and support system integration testing, UAT, and production implementation
- Show initiative and speak up; successfully present to groups of people without stage fright
- Challenge the status quo; don’t just accept what is presented
- Not just track tasks from a high level but get down in the details, understand the problems, and come up with solutions
- Responsible for providing and tracking estimates, forecasting, comparing actuals to forecast, and taking calculated corrective action as needed
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Proven work experience as a Project Manager for custom software implementations with state government agencies
- Experience authoring software requirements and specifications documents such as Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Specifications Documents (FSD), etc.
- Must have experience with software that requires major customization- not just changes to a canned product such as large ERP systems, for example.
- Managed projects where client is completely external to the organization and the only corporate relationship with the client is through a contract
- Managed User Acceptance Testing and taken a system live
- Managed multiple software implementations in the $1 million to $10 million range
- Experience managing and adhering to written contracts between the company and the client
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project and Team Foundation Server
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- Excellent client-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong planning skills, prepare very detail task oriented and milestone driven plans, tracking these plans in MS Project and able to lead teams to adhere to a rigorous project schedule
- PMP certification
- Travel up to 50% may be required.
GCR Inc. offers our employees a competitive compensation package. Among the benefits are paid time off, paid holidays, company matching 401(k), health and dental plans, company paid long and short term disability and life insurance. GCR Inc.'s corporate headquarters are located in New Orleans, Louisiana with additional offices in Covington, LA., Baton Rouge, LA, Windsor, CT and Indianapolis, IN.
Start Date: 3/22/2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Work Term: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Job Posted On: October 8, 2016